Monday, December 5, 2011
Are you a woman and scared to lift weights?
Scared to lift weights? Get rid of that fear! Strength training has some HUGE benefits, that only come with strength training! For me, I LOVE weight training because it makes me feel STRONG! Starting in our 30's, we begin to lose 5 to 10 percent of our muscle strength each decade! Yikes! Here are some proven benefits!
1. Muscle burns approximately 3 times more calories than fat! You can burn 100 calories more per day just by building more muscle!
2. Better self esteem
3. Stronger immune system-we all could use that this time of year!!
4. Reduce your resting heart rate.
5. Physically stronger!
6. Decrease your risk of osteoporosis-main motivator for me! I want to be stronger as I age, not the other way around!
7. Reduce risk of arthritis, back pain and injury.
8. Reduce risk of heart disease and diabetes!
One huge misconception is you will bulk up and look like a man if you lift weights, NOT TRUE! Women don't have enough testosterone and you'd have to spend hours in the gym lifting everyday to even start to bulk up.
What you picture happening:
What REALLY happens!
Beachbody offers several programs with weight training. Whether it is P90X, P90X2, Chalean Extreme and more, you have your pick! Contact me for more information and to burn more fat!! email@example.com