P90X Before and after results from a woman

P90X Before and after results from a woman
Great P90X transformation!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Nutrition=Quality over Quantity

I wanted to share a thought with all of you that has been on my mind lately.  With a world of conveniences, fast food, and processed food, we need to remember to get back to the basics.  There is NO easy or instant way to eat clean (well, unless you have enough money to have a chef HA!).  It takes planning, preparation and commitment, but it's more rewarding than ever!  If you want to lose weight for good, be, feel and look healthy, it all starts with a good nutrition plan. 
It's crucial to look at more than just the calories in food.  Sugar, sodium, fiber, vitamins, cholesterol and fat also need to be considered when picking out food to eat.  There are so many "healthy" and "nutritious" prepared foods out there, it's no wonder why we keep forgetting the basics!  If it's in the inner aisles of a grocery store or in a box, chances are it's not healthy.  I stick to a rule-if there are ingredients in the item that I can't pronounce, I don't buy it.  Look at the side of a TV dinner just for kicks, and you'll see what I'm talking about.  I now use sliced chicken breast for my lunch meat.  I had no idea there can be HALF your daily limit of sodium in just 4 slices of lunch meat!
So my point is, pay attention to calories, fat, sodium, sugar, fiber, vitamins and cholesterol.  I now buy all whole grain products, including pasta.  Most of the food I buy is fresh produce and lean meats.  I eat 6 times a day, and am able to do so because I eat healthy food that is nutrient-dense and low fat/calorie.  It's great! 

My job as a Beachbody coach is to help you with a nutrition plan and fitness plan to get you in tip top shape!  If you want to make the commitment for good, you can become a coach and get a 25% discount on all Beachbody products!  Email me at letsgetasixpack@gmail.com.  Shakeology is a great start to a healthy and tasty breakfast, lunch or dinner!  It has over 70 ingredients packed into one drink and IS the healthiest meal of the day.  Check it out!  www.myshakeology.com/CoachTorri
Please let me help you get started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment